Note: We request that you refrain from scheduling patients that have a heart murmur, arrhythmia, or diagnosed heart disease. We reserve the right to refuse services or charge full price ($675) for such patients.
Routine screening for congenital heart defects is an important part of every responsible breeding program. Dr. Wood strives to partner with local breeders in promoting the cardiac health and welfare of companion animals. While our clinics at dog shows have been suspended due to COVID-19, we are now offering screening clinics at our hospital in Tualatin. Heart screening exams are designed to rule out any current heart problems so that the animal may be bred or registered with the OFA. If your animal has a previously diagnosed irregularity, such as a heart murmur or abnormal rhythm, please schedule a full diagnostic exam.
Due to our current appointment volume, please allow 8-12 weeks when scheduling a heart screening examination!
Heart screening services include:
Feline HCM screening (Exam/Auscultation + Echocardiogram)
This screening form can be completed ahead of time.
– $575 per cat when scheduled on a normal appointment day
– $250 per cat when scheduled on a Breeder Day. These are available about quarterly at our clinic in Tualatin.
Canine OFA Basic Exam (Exam/Auscultation only)
This OFA application can be completed ahead of time.
– $100 per dog when scheduled on a normal appointment day
– $50 per dog when scheduled on a Breeder Day. These are available several times a year at our clinic in Tualatin.
Canine Advanced OFA Exam (Exam/Auscultation + Echocardiogram)
This OFA application will need to be completed at the time of your appointment.
– $575 per dog when scheduled on a normal appointment day
– $250 per dog when scheduled on a Breeder Day. These are available several times a year at out clinic in Tualatin.
Our appointment schedule fills very quickly and appointment availability can be 6-8 weeks out on average. To ensure that we can best accommodate patients on our wait-list, we ask that all clients adhere to our cancellation policy.
Appointments must be modified a minimum of 48 hours (excluding weekends) prior to your appointment start time. We reserve the right to collect a security deposit, up to the value of an exam fee, in instances of multiple and/or short notice cancellations.